About The Great Email Escape
The Great Email Escape was created by Return Path’s own marketing team. Thinking about the popularity of escape rooms and breakout rooms, they sought to create an email-related experience that mirrored the fun of an escape room in a virtual setting.
Not an email expert? Visit the Tips & Tricks section to expand your email know-how, then come back to the room and work on your exit strategy.
Tips & Tricks
Need to speed up your getaway? Here are a few tips to help you along, in no certain order:
- Having time zone trouble? Enlist the power of the Google to do the math for you. 8am Sydney local time equals what time in Paris?
- Emojis aren’t just for “kids these days,” but it can certainly feel like that. Think about holidays and weather that correspond with the months – Valentine’s Day is in February, St. Patrick’s Day is in March, Independence Day is in July, Halloween is in October, and snowfall often happens in December.
- The first person to send email isn’t a household name to many.
- The delivered rate and inbox placement rate can be confusing. For more information on deliverability in plain English, read our own Bonnie Malone’s recent blog post.
- Phishing scams? Still happening!
- Each mailbox provider has different filtering rules and practices. Read our Email Marketing Field Guide for the differences between Yahoo, Outlook, Gmail, and others.
- People use different devices at different times, but our research knows this for sure – mobile is #1.
- Certified senders see almost a 33% increase in inbox placement. Does that help?
- Don’t buy an email list. You know that!