Return Path Introduces Real-Time Alerts to Help Marketers Identify and Resolve Email Deliverability Issues
New “Smart Alerts” feature is the latest in a series of product innovations and free tools designed to optimize email marketing effectiveness.
NEW YORK, January 19, 2017 — Today global data solutions provider Return Path announced the latest addition to its Mission Control Dashboard, called Smart Alerts. This new in-tool feature offers highly customizable, real-time notifications to help marketers recognize deliverability problems as they occur, pinpoint the source, and take appropriate steps toward resolution. The Mission Control Dashboard was introduced last year to offer new levels of visibility for marketers seeking to manage their deliverability and improve email campaign performance.
Reaching the inbox is critical to driving revenue through the email channel. Any number of factors can lead to poor deliverability, from poor sender reputation and list hygiene issues to spam complaints and blacklisting—and often the cause is neither simple nor obvious. Powered by sophisticated data science and real-time machine learning, Smart Alerts helps marketers to identify the root cause of deliverability issues and provides specific recommendations to solve them. Customized reporting and workflow functionality is also available, to improve team efficiency
“Most marketers don’t immediately recognize when they’re having deliverability issues, and that lack of visibility can mean the difference between success and failure of an email program,” said Dave Wilby, Return Path’s Chief Operating Officer. “With Smart Alerts, marketers can not only diagnose deliverability problems in the moment, but also understand the best path to resolution.”
Smart Alerts is just the latest of several recent innovations for Return Path customers. Other new offerings now available to customers include:
- Enhancements to Email Client Monitor: New features within the Email Client Monitor tool give marketers the power to track the time and location in which an email was opened, as well as the device that was used and length of time the subscriber interacted with the email. With this data, marketers can make more informed targeting and segmentation decisions, and provide a more personalized, engaging customer experience.
- Geo Email Monitor: This free tool provides high level information about the location and platform where emails are being opened, for up to six campaigns per month. Geo Email Monitor allows marketers to try out the basic functionality of Email Client Monitor with no financial commitment.
- Pick Your Previews: This new feature within Inbox Preview allows users to choose which previews are displayed in the tool, so the marketer can be confident that their email renders correctly across the email clients and browsers that are most commonly used by the brand’s subscribers.
- Custom Data Export: Developed in response to a recommendation from Return Path’s Customer Advisory Board, the Custom Data Exports feature allows marketers to easily combine and export data across multiple Return Path products, rather than receiving separate data outputs from each product. This comprehensive data set simplifies the task of analyzing campaign performance and provides clear insight into the customer’s email program.
- Help Center: Return Path’s client services team recently launched a new Help Center, featuring more than 1,000 articles and resources to help customers deliver best-in-class email campaigns. Assets within the Help Center include troubleshooting tips, how-to guides, best practices, user videos, and product guides.
- Service enhancements: A variety of new client service offerings are now available, from one-time projects like content strategy reviews to recurring services like ongoing strategy support and competitive benchmarking.
“Having access to cutting-edge tools is critical to our customers’ success,” said Wilby. “With these new innovations, we’re working to ensure that marketers have the customized data, recommendations, and resources they need to build and maintain an effective email program.”
About Return Path
Return Path analyzes the world’s largest collection of email data to show businesses how to stay connected to their audiences and strengthen their customer engagement. Our data solutions help analysts understand consumer behavior and market trends. We help mailbox providers around the world deliver great user experiences and build trust in email by ensuring that wanted messages reach the inbox while spam doesn’t. To find out more about Return Path solutions, visit us at returnpath.com or request a demo.