CASL: Do Your Email Database and Campaigns Comply?
Use this checklist as a guide to assess existing databases and campaigns for compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
Determine what subscribers, if any, will require reconfirmation before or after CASL comes into force on July 1, 2014.
Read the guide to discover:
- When a message is a commercial electronic message and if CASL applies.
- What kinds of messages are excluded from CASL.
- Deadlines for reconfirmation for different subscriber statuses.
- What is express consent v. implied consent and what it means for database compliance.
- Requirements for sending a commercial electronic message.
- Step-by-step instructions to get started.